Monday 11 May 2015

May 9th

Was the best day we had in Paris. Started off the day by going underneath Paris to the catacombs we got a cheap skip the line ticket at our hostel which totally paid off. We skipped about 200 people. This was also the day we used the metro just to try it. So much better than the bus and so easy to follow. The catacombs were actually really cool I was nervous until we actually got there but then I was only excited until we came out. There are so many bones down there and they are stacked neatly and sorted. Sometimes you will see that they had a little creativity with the skulls and would make a heart of skulls or a cross in femur's.

When we left the catacombs we went to the Louvre. It was outstanding we spent about 2 hours looking through Roman, Greek, Islamic, Italian and Spanish art and culture. We saw the Mona Lisa and it was much smaller than I thought it would be it has so many people around it. Didn't help that they had one of the biggest paintings in the entire museum on the opposite wall facing the Mona Lisa haha.

When we finished the Louvre we went on a search to find La Baguetterie. la baguetterie is an amazing drum store that my co worker suggestioned. We found the right area and just saw a street full of sex shops. I remembered that he had told me that if we went too far we would so we turned around and found it right away. It was the best drum store I had ever seen amazing stock of everything and just insane! The street that it was on there were many other music stores all specialty stores and all incredible.

We went back to the hostel and took some ddowntime. Andy and i played about 8 games of Foosball and a girl I had just helped with her suitcase came up to me and wanted to buy me a drink to say thank you. Andrew decided he didn't want to do anything more than his laundry and sleep so I waited for her by myself and then went to the bar in the hostel with her and her friend. Her name is Gabrielle (from Australia) and her friend's name is Elaine (from Ireland. Elaine was with us awhile but she went up to her rroom since she was tired. So me and Gabby spent some time together and talked she is really really nice and I will be seeing her in Munich.

That's about all to report!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment